What could be more fabulous than one personal finance blogger?
Lots of them!
We all need inspiration for sticking to our budgets and making our dreams a reality. On a daily basis, I read many personal finance blogs for motivation. For the launch of Budget Bloggess, I asked my favorite personal finance bloggers for their fave tips on budgeting.
Each of these bloggers offers up inspiration in their own unique way. One has just finished paying off over $28K in debt, another moved to Grenada to live a lower cost lifestyle, and another finds budgeting in the nude with your significant other financially fantastic. From A to Z they are all on my list of PF blogs to read – be sure to check them out!
When you’re finished, I would love to know your tips for budget success, be sure to leave a comment!
- “My best money tip is to regularly tell yourself no. The world is filled with shiny things and awesome clothes (trust me, I know!) Yet, every time you buy something, you have to ask yourself if the purchase is helping you reach your goals. Most of the time, it doesn’t. I’m much more likely to buy an iPad to help me with my business than a pile of new shoes just because they are on sale. Practicality and discipline have been key in helping me reach my financial goals.” Cat Alford, Budget Blonde
- “My favorite budgeting tip is to implement an automatic zero-based budget system, where money is automatically scheduled to be withdrawn directly after you receive each paycheck. This helps me better achieve my personal finance goals compared to traditional budgets which rely on taking out the money at the end of the pay period (when you may or may not have already spent it.” Jacob Irwin, My Personal Finance Journey
- “Your credit card is not a second bank account. One day, you’ll have to pay back what you charge to it. If you feel like you need to get your financial situation under control, start by tracking your spending. It’s incredible how writing down what you spend suddenly opens your eyes.” Cait Flanders, Blonde on a Budget
- “It’s not about how much money you have it’s how you save it by using a budget and knowing how much money you have coming in and expenses going out it makes personal finance a lot less stressful than it needs to be. Budget Tip: Always revisit the budget weekly to input all data so you don’t fall behind and include projected expenses into the budget if you can so that you aren’t struggling for money when a bill comes due that is not budgeted for.” Mr. CBB, Canadian Budget Binder
- “Don’t think of a budget as something that never allows you to spend money and punishes you when you overspend. Instead, think of it as a spending plan — a way for you to, not only spend money, but have room for fun financial goals, like travel and entertainment. Budgets are boring, spending plans are fun!” Carrie Smith, Careful Cents
- “My budgeting tip if you suck at budgeting: Try doing it with a glass of wine in your hand. Or naked 😉 You might think I’m joking, but I’m not – everything’s MUCH more fun with some bubbly and/or no clothes! At the very least it’ll get your significant others’ attention and to finally take action – in more ways than none.” J. Money, Budgets Are Sexy
Thank you to each of these fantastic bloggers for taking time to share their fave budget tips with us. Remember to check out each of their sites.
What’s your budgeting tip? Please share in the comments!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Never miss a meaningful moment!
Inspiration and tips for living a simpler, joy-filled life. Sign up for my FREE newsletter.