Getting into a rut can happen to anyone, it’s how you motivate yourself out of that rut that counts. Lack of motivation can creep up on you anytime, causing you to feel like there’s no way out of it. Since returning from vacation, I’ve been feeling very demotivated and lacking in creativity. The normal work routine seems just that – normal (translated: boring). Trying to get motivated to write for my blog has been difficult too; which is strange because I love writing.
Why do we allow ourselves to get into these frames of mind? How do you turn it around?
Find the why
- Start simple. Understand what the cause is. Ask yourself, why do I feel this way? Or what is making me feel this way?
- Overcomplicating. Am I overcomplicating a process, routine or my life in general?
- Learn. Once you understand how you got to your low spot, learn from it. Start a success plan. Write down in a journal what brought you down and why, then how you overcame it.
Act on the why
- The popular notion of changing your thinking is so important. It takes time and determination but it is possible. I’ve written about this in a few previous posts, take a look:
This too shall pass – Thought Change
Challenge me, baby! Action Plans, Thought Change, Happiness Projects and a No Spend Week!
Believing in a different school of thought : 3 things learned
Have faith in why
- Most importantly, believe in yourself and the universe’s plan for you. You are worthy of success!
The Secret to life…
I’ve had numerous posts on the subject of thought change as you can see. It’s a process, something that takes time; it’s not going to happen overnight. You’re dealing with years of habits that you must change. Don’t be hard on yourself when trying to change, just keep at it and you’ll find success. I’m still working at it but slowly the success is coming. I have some hard work ahead of me again to get me to the top of the mountain; I’m not going to give up!
Create a simple, beautiful life you LOVE.
Start creating a simpler, beautiful life you LOVE. Sign up for my FREE newsletter.