2014 seemed like the year where I was hitting the snooze button all throughout it. Although there were successes, it was definitely not a stellar year of action taking, more so procrastinating. Even though I am disappointed with my financial misdemeanours throughout the year, I’ve let it go and turned the page on a new challenge and a new chapter.
This year I’m not afraid of the blank pages; after all, they are for writing all over aren’t they? So, my first doodles on the blank pages are those of minimalism, challenges and visualizing my ultimate year.
My Word of 2015: Fearless
Why fearless? It’s what and where I want to be. Not just for this year, but from now on. I want to accomplish great things not only with my finances, but with other areas of my life as well. I want to be able to look back at the year and say, “Hey, I DID THAT! And it was AMAZING!” For the past couple of years, I have felt like a turtle hiding in her shell, which is not how I want to live. Being a part of the world? YES PLEASE!
You could also say that Fearless is my Core Desired Feeling for 2015. I want adventure and risk taking to once again be part of my life. I haven’t had that feeling since about 2012.
The premise behind my goals for 2015 is the K.I.S.S. methodology because hey, 27 goals in 2014 was just plain silly. Who can keep up with that? I swear I had no idea what I was thinking. I knew I wanted to change things and accomplish a lot but I overdid it and ended up crashing, burning and shopping through 2014. For 2015, I also want to associate a feeling and visualize my goals; sounds strange but work with me here.
So here goes:
- Live Minimally. Feeling: Simplicity, no anxiety, lightness, nothing weighing me down. Visual: Nothingness, blue tranquil ocean, live like a starving artist
- No Spending Challenge on Clothing and unnecessary “stuff”. Feeling: Freedom, happiness, adventure. Visual: Holes in my clothes, wearing out something until there’s nothing left
- Pay $20K to my debt (I’m still focusing on my SMART-er goals to achieve this) Feeling: Freedom, happiness, euphoria Visual: Black not Red, lots and lots of zeros!!
- Focus on healthy living, healthy eating and exercise. Feeling: Adventurous, energetic, enthusiastic. Visual: Cycling down a long road, dancing, spinning in circles staring at the sky
- Live differently, be unique, and go against the grain. Feeling: Liberation, I am no longer a sheep Baaaaa!! Visual: Flying, soaring or, as Wash in Firefly says, “I’m a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!”
It’s interesting how setting my goals differently made me feel all warm, fuzzy and quite honestly, truly inspired. I haven’t felt like that in a while, so I’m hoping I’ve found an awesome new way to set my goals.
Minimalist Me Progress
The purge to minimalist me continues and this week I:
Filled three recycle bins
Put out two bags of garbage and three boxes of garbage (sorry mother earth)
Donated two boxes of books and DVDs
Donated five boxes of household items, toys, craft supplies and gadgets to Canadian Diabetes
Next in the Minimalist Me project?
Getting rid of my PC – I currently have a PC, IMac, MacBook Pro and IPad. Time to purge the tech!
Continuing the journey to fit my life into eight tote bins
With Imagination, I’ll Get There…