What’s key in keeping a diet and exercise plan going? How do you stick to it day in and day out?
- Daily change. Take it day by day and slowly.
- Keep it simple. Do NOT try to change everything all at once! Change your diet and exercise plan and that’s it.
- Keep a journal. The most beneficial thing in a diet and exercise plan is a daily journal. Track what foods you eat and when. Track when you exercise, what part of your body you have worked and what type of exercise you did. TIP: Track how you’re feeling. This is a big indicator of what foods work best and which ones do not. It will also give you an indicator of how often you need to eat.
- Hold yourself accountable. Have a friend help you with your plan. Start a group and have regular meetings about your progress, you’ll keep each other motivated.
- Share your stories and experiences with others. Whether you do this through blogging or a night out with friends, having other people to bounce ideas off of is motivating.
- Visualize the new you and how you feel.
I had to be different and make it 6 steps! The sixth step is one of the most important. You are your biggest fan, you deserve to be healthy and fit. Visualize the new you.
Strange change is approaching. You can achieve your diet and exercise goals! I am determined to complete my diet detox and reinvigorate my exercise routine. I will do it and I’ll keep you posted on my success.
This is the last post in the Strange Change series, for more reading check out related posts:
Staycation, Vacation – Diet and Exercise – The temptations of unhealthy foods while on vacation
Diet, Exercise and Work life balance – You can see I have done this before! This post was from summer 2012. Looking back, my plan worked for the summer but tanked once the cold weather set in.