2013 will bring a lot of changes!
I have a new twist on the site for you as well as the new design. 2013 will be my year (and yours!) to get everything back in order! I don’t know about you but I need to get my life & work houses back in order while keeping it all in perspective.
We all need that, don’t we?
You know as well as I do, that there’s only so much multi tasking and life hacking that one person can do. We all have to unplug from “The Matrix” at times, or we’ll go stark raving mad. Believe me, I know what its like to unplug (turn all the technology off) and its wonderfully relaxing! So relaxing, that the last time I did it, when I got home, I nearly cried the first day back to work while stuck in rush hour traffic. I just thought “Where’s everyone going in such a hurry and treating each other so badly at the same time?” You’ve heard me say it before about Toronto traffic, we all seem to turn into disrespectful meglomaniacs in our cars on the way to work.
I start 2013 all anew! December closed out 2012 with quite a bang! In both a good way and a bad way. Here’s a few highlights:
Trip to NYC for Christmas
I had an amazing time! I went to see the off broadway “If there is, I haven’t found it yet” starring Jake Gyllenhaal AND I sat in the front row! It was an absolutely amazing experience and the entire cast gave a mind blowing performance! At the same time, I caught a cold and had to spend some of my time locked in my hotel room. I suppose those are the sacrifices you make for standing outside the theatre for 20 minutes waiting for Jake Gyllenhaal to come out. It was worth it! He did come out to graciously greet his fans, sadly I was too dumbfounded to ask for a picture or autograph. Silly me! GRRRRR!
Finances are shot.
Yikes! What less would you expect of me?! HA HA HA! Ok, not funny 🙁 NYC cost me a total of $5147.87 this includes all airfare, hotel, meals, shopping, theatre, transport to/from airport and boarding my cat. When they say New York isn’t cheap, they aren’t kidding! Note to self – do not do this again! Travel with a friend next time and rent a local apartment.
On a good note…
I kept my regular at home expenses in line and didn’t overspend on those or I would be even more in the hole!
I was so ready for the NYC mini vacation, the stress I was under from work is probably what gave me the cold I caught.
For 2013, I’m keeping it all in perspective; a “Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff” type of deal. I’m keeping it in perspective:
- Take my life back and get back on track!
- Create long term goals to focus on. I’m picking a retirement age and debt free date – I’m going to get there come hell or high water!
- Realize that maybe being single isn’t so bad after all. Also realize who wants someone with debt and no place of their own?
- Live a minimalist life. I don’t need stuff to make me happy.
- STOP being an expert on being in debt (a shopaholic) and be an expert on getting out of debt!
- Learn to travel for a lot less than I do now! Become a travel hack/guru! All while traveling solo too!
- Accept my current job for what it is, keep doing my best until I can make another opportunity more geared towards my passions!
Did you set any New Year’s challenges? How hard were you on yourself in them? Will you be one of the people to succeed instead of fail?